Shipping & Delivery
In most cases, a product on our website will give you an indication of the current stock availability, but shipping is not uniform for all products. We maintain fantastic relationships with all of our suppliers and we aim to get products to customers within 3 business days of the order being taken. This availability is based on information from our suppliers and from sales and supply patterns. The availability information given is a guide only and not a guarantee as there are external factors that we may not have control over.
1500rpm machines or larger diesel gensets however are typically priced on application and all depend on the destination. We will be happy to quote on any large diesel generator and discuss your needs over the phone or via email.
Most orders placed before 12pm on a business day will be shipped from our suppliers on the same day provided the product is in stock. If you need to be certain an item is in stock and available, or if you need a lead time, it’s worth calling our sales team on 01329 722390. Pricing for extended shipping areas like Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and outlying Islands, Outer Hebrides, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and other postcodes not considered as UK mainland can be obtained also by calling our offices.
Please note that the processing of a payment and acknowledgement email does not constitute a legally binding contact. In the case of mispricing, changes in stock quantity, or if we believe the machine will be misused, we reserve the right to cancel the order and provide a full refund.
N.B. Although the below chart is accurate, it does not apply to all products due to volumetric weights and specific postcode areas. Please call if you have any queries about shipping charges before you place an order on our website.
Carriage is also chargeable on all parts and items under £100 in value, and our sales team may contact you for after a sales order has been made if additional carriage surcharges need to be applied.
Please note that orders under £50 may incur an additional delivery cost, which we will notify you of soon after the order is placed.
Privacy & Security
Cancellations & Refunds
You may cancel an order prior to its dispatch providing we have no special agreement to order the item in for you, such as bulk orders if you are a business or company. If the item has been despatched before being informed of your desire to cancel, you will have to return the product according to our returns policy at your own cost. You may only return an item that is unwanted under the following criteria and if you are not ordering goods as a business or company:
- The item is in an ‘as new condition’. It must be returned to us in its original condition unused and in its original packaging which should not be marked or damaged (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product at all). It should be returned with the original box, packaging, and accessories. Do not write directly on the packaging.
- You notify us in writing by letter or email within 14 working days of receipt of the item and return them within 30 days. We recommend you keep a copy of this.
- The order is not an order for a business or company, or intended to be used for business or commercial purposes.
Items must then be returned to the individual and product specific supplier. Items not returned to our suppliers in an ‘as new condition’ will not be refunded and any costs to return the items to you will have to be paid before we can return them.
Please note that if an exchange for another item(s) is requested then you agree to the standard delivery charge that would apply to that item(s) if purchased through our checkout procedure on our website.
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible for lost returns so please ensure you return them via an appropriate courier or insured method as we do not accept any liability until received by us or our suppliers. All costs associated with the return of the unwanted item are to be paid by yourself and return must be made to the correct despatch warehouse. We will inform you when notified of your intention to return an item of where this should go to.
Goods should be returned with adequate protection to ensure that the goods and packaging reach us in good condition. If any goods are damaged in transit you will have to pursue a claim with the courier or mail service that you used as we will not be able to pursue this claim on your behalf.
All goods returned to us or our suppliers as unwanted will be examined upon return and any refunds / exchange will only be applied once final agreement has been made to accept the product(s) back in accordance with our terms & conditions. Any free or bundled items received with the product must also be returned. If they are not, they will be deducted at the price an individual basis, and excluding any discounts which may have previously been added to the product. All items being returned where the customer has simply changed their mind, or where the machine is not defective will be subject to both delivery costs, and also labour costs for re-examination and re-stocking fees. Any refund made will be done so less these costs, and also in accordance with any of the above measures also.
Warranty & Replacements
All of our products are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty covering both faulty materials and faulty workmanship, it does not cover general wear and tear or damage. This excludes products or parts of products that are consumables or that become faulty to due to general wear and tear.
In terms of a faulty item being replaced, fixed or refunded, The Hampshire Generator and UPS Co is a reseller of any goods or services received through our website, therefore an individual product’s warranty would be subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions and will be maintained by the company of origin. The Hampshire Generator and UPS Co will be happy to help you contact those companies who will maintain your products individual warranty, however, we are not responsible for any product directly.
For specific information on warranty by brand, please follow one of the following links:
- For Hyundai Power Equipment warranty information, excluding 1500rpm machines, click here.
- For Hyundai Power Equipment 1500RPM machine specific warranty, click here.